Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Badger State Games 6/27/2010 Pg 3

"Report continued.

I can't remember the last time I felt so good in an inline marathon and the pace was fast, but also easy because gravity was on our side. Big guys with more poundage get that extra roll and I was able to move to the front and take a pull. I stayed at the front for awhile because it was like being on a roller coaster. The course had rolling hills and flat sections, then at mile 10 we reached the new pavement, Mike decided to picked up the tempo to test the lead pack. I was somewhere in the middle of the pack and noticed a few skaters starting to struggle with the faster tempo, I quickly moved up to third position behind my Hoigaard's team-mate Andy Kostka.

Mike Anderson moved to another gear and our trio dropped the rest of the pack, however I could see Cale Carvell slightly in my draft, but I knew he was struggling and when Mike moved to another gear, Cale was off the back. At mile 12 the trio reached a slick section of the course with wet mud on the road thanks to a farmer that drove his tractor onto the road and left behind a mess. I hope he did not leave cow chips on the road too.(smile) A big thank you to Matt Robinson and his crew for removing most of the mud with a broom and also alerting all the skaters at the start line what to expect before the turn around.

Mike Anderson was the first to reach the turn around, followed by Andy K. and I. We were careful going around the pylon and slowed right down on this slippery section."

No comments:

Post a Comment