Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day Marathon 7/01/10 Pg 2

Part 2:

"Good news: Once again many skaters love the Hoigaard's skin suit and I am happy to report that Andy and I did not crash in our cool looking skin suits. Sergio Alleralla, the overall winner asked me where he can buy one of the Hoigaard's skin suits.

Andy had to leave shortly after the race to head to the airport, so I did not get to hear how things went for him near the front of pack.

Andy mentioned he was not feeling well and had trouble breathing...maybe a cold is coming on. This was Andy's first Canadian marathon and he said the skaters race a lot different in Canada from the skaters in Minnesota. The course is also rather challenging with the rolling hills, then the attacks were relentless with some hard accelerations that were short, long and one that was so intense, I felt like a 'shake and bake chicken'. I got this phrase from the my Oklahoma friend: Alex Fedak. Yes, I got the royal shake and bake treatment today in the Canada Day marathon. I can still feel the effects of the Badge State Games which was just 5 days ago.

Sergio Alleralla and a few others knows how to make the Cambridge race course very painful; for those that dare to hang with the leaders.

This race was very good training for me because the Chicagoland race weekend on July 24-26 will also be a suffer-fest.

Bye for now.


Herb"

No comments:

Post a Comment